Tuesday, June 5, 2012

I'm on a roll.

Since I frogged the sweater I was designing, I've been busy knitting someone else's pattern, as I said in my May 31st blog. You can see it here:  http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/career-check

Last night I finished knitting the back and today I've done about 3 rows of the left front. So long as I can keep my stubborn old brain focused to remember to reverse the direction of the slanted portion of the pattern when I work on the wrong side, I'll be fine. sigh  

My preferred method of knitting sweaters is top-down and seamless but this one is knit bottom-up with the back, two fronts and sleeves each worked separately, then seamed.  The neck band and front bands are worked after all the pieces are complete. I've done any number of sweaters using this method in the past so I don't foresee any difficulties with that.

It's really not a difficult pattern, that is, when you pay attention to what you're doing. Here's a look at what is complete so far.



No comments:

Post a Comment