Monday, May 28, 2012

Frogging - again!

Well, after starting my sweater, frogging it and starting again - 5 TIMES, I worked it, starting at the neck, down to about 5" below the underarm. I tried it on and decided that I'd been knitting along in denial for a week because the darned thing is way too big for me!!! Now, I'm no tiny little person, but this thing could fit Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum together! sigh


So, yup, I frogged the whole thing - all 3 1/2 skeins of yarn, but at least I wound it all into cakes as I frogged it. I think a big part of the problem was that the pattern was rather stretchy and I could never decide which gauge was accurate.

Now I need to do some searching through my stitch dictionary books and come up with a new design and start again. Wish me luck. :) 

2 comments:

  1. Hmm, we must be going through the same thing. I just frogged a sweater I started 3x too. Is it something in the air. It too was coming out too big. I was using sock yarn so only 2 skeins worth but none the less, its such a pain. Going to wait a while before I try it again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well at least our sweaters were too big not too small. LOL

      I'm stubborn and I really want a new sweater, so I'll be doing research today to decide on a new design. :)

      Delete