Friday, May 20, 2011

Cabled Baby Sweater

I'm working on  my latest design, a Cabled Baby Sweater. Hopefully before it's finished I'll come up with a much better name for it. I made the smallest size, 0-3 mos, using Patons Classic Wool worsted weight yarn, washed & blocked it and took a pic.
It's worked from the neck down and has a round yoke. I'm currently working on the 2nd sleeve of  the largest size, 9-12 mos, also in Patons Classic Wool yarn, but in a lighter shade of aqua. On the 0-3 mos sweater, the sleeves don't need to be tapered, so it's just a matter of working the pattern until it's time to work the garter stitch cuff. However, the 9-12 mos sleeves are so wide they need to be tapered with decreases. I'm finding that working decreases into cables is much easier to do than it is to explain. sigh I think this pattern will need to be for experienced knitters. It also may be put into "time out" because I need to knit the other 2 sizes but really don't feel like it right now. :) I think I have too many ideas swirling around in my head anxious to get out and become sweaters. LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment